Monday, November 2, 2015

How To Have A Modern Audrey Hepburn Wedding

Modern is not a word you would expect to be associated with Audrey Hebpurn. Stylish, yes. Chic, most definitely. However, what I like doing at Style & the Bride is coming up with new wedding ideas and concepts. I have to admit that Audrey Hepburn is another of my obsessions ( yes I know I have quite a few!). I literally grew up watching Audrey in films such as ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s ‘Sabrina Fair’ and ‘My Fair Lady.’ Before you think however that I am going to suggest that you opt for a tiffany blue Audrey Hepburn wedding theme, think again. When I think of Audrey Hepburn, I think of her standing outside the window of Tiffany’s as the character Holly Golightly in her LBD (little black dress). If you want to opt for a modern Audrey Hepburn wedding theme, black has to be a key colour choice. Think understated, sophisticated, and you will start understanding what I mean by a modern Audrey Hepburn wedding. Hope you enjoy these ideas…

Audrey Hepburn Wedding Inspiration

audrey hepburn wedding

I have always loved this Audrey Hepburn quote. Think of displaying Audrey black and white prints such as this Audrey Hepburn Elegance Quote Print by Sweetlove Press, Not On The High Street, at your reception.

Audrey Hepburn wedding

How gorgeous are these ballet shoes from French Sole’s Wedding Collection? Very Audrey Hepburn!

black and white wedding cake

I think Audrey Hepburn would definitely approve of this ‘Black and White’ cake from The Jewelled Collection, Rosalind Miller Cakes

Audrey Hepburn was all about the LBD (the little black dress). This elegant 'Bardot' dress is by Suzannah

Audrey Hepburn was all about the LBD (the little black dress). This elegant ‘Bardot’ dress is by Suzannah

audrey hepburn wedding

I think the ‘Emerson’ suite by Ever After Press would be perfect for a modern Audrey Hepburn wedding.

audrey hepburn wedding

Why not hang this Audrey Hepburn Holly Golightly art print by Reverie Lane Prints, available at Etsy, on the wall at your reception?

 

The post How To Have A Modern Audrey Hepburn Wedding appeared first on Style & The Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment