Friday, November 6, 2015

An Intimate Arizona Wedding With Neutral Colours

When I saw Brittany and Garrett’s intimate Arizona wedding, I knew I had to feature it on Style & the BrideI have been to Scottsdale as my brother-in-law and his family live there, so it is definitely a familiar destination in the world for me. Brittany and Garrett first met at church and got engaged after only six months of dating. ‘We both knew after our first date that we were going to get married,’ says Brittany. ‘I even went home and wrote him a letter that night and entitled it ‘my future husband.’ I gave it to him the night before our wedding!’

The couple got engaged on a walk through downtown Salt Lake City. ‘We stopped at a spot where he used to sit and reflect on his life and goals for the future,’ explains Brittany. ‘I looked over and saw a bouquet of flowers and one of his roommates with a camera. He explained how he always knew he would bring his future wife to this special spot one day.When I said yes, a huge crowd of people walking by cheered and congratulated us.’

Brittany knew that she wanted a very simple, minimalistic wedding. ‘Our theme was centred around succulents and cactus plants. Everything else was based on neutral colours,’ she explains.

They married on October 10. 2015 at the LDS Temple in Gilbert, Arizona, and then had their reception in the garden of her husband’s parents’ house in Scottsdale, Arizona.

I am sure you will agree with me that the couple’s Arizona wedding is beautiful. I especially love how Brittany described the highlights of her day. ‘The highlight of my day was having my family there witnessing and supporting the most important moment of my life,’ she explains. ‘My family travelled in from all over USA and made a big effort to make it for my special day. There is no greater feeling than genuine love and that is exactly what I felt having my family and his family joining as one.’

Brittany and Garrett’s intimate Arizona wedding

Arizona wedding

How romantic is this photograph of Brittany and Garrett? Brittany wore a beautiful dress by Australian based company Grace Loves Lace.

arizona wedding

Brittany and Garrett with their parents who obviously took note of the neutral dress code.

Arizona wedding

How amazing is the backdrop to Brittany and Garrett’s wedding?

Brittany's wedding florist was Morgan Wood based in Gibert, Arizona. She created her bouquet and flower crown

Brittany’s wedding florist was Morgan Wood based in Gibert, Arizona. She created her bouquet and flower crown.

pretty bride

Brittany’s friends helped her on the day. Michelle Hoyt did her hair and Hillary Fielding was her make-up artist.

ARizona wedding

A dreamy photograph of Brittany and Garrett.

wedding photographs

Brittany and Garrett displayed photographs of themselves at the reception.

wedding cactus

Cactus plants played an important part when it came to the reception decorations.

 

 

The post An Intimate Arizona Wedding With Neutral Colours appeared first on Style & The Bride.

No comments:

Post a Comment