Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Getting to Know – Claire’s Sweet Temptations

Company Name: Claire’s Sweet Temptations

Interview with: Claire Potts

Location/Coverage: Cornwall, Devon, South West and London

What does Claire’s Sweet Temptations do?

Claire’s Sweet Temptations designs and makes bespoke wedding cakes. I make all the cakes myself from scratch, and I also make all the sugar flowers and decorations.

Wedding cake by Claire's Sweet Temptations covered in fern

How did Claire’s Sweet Temptations get started and how long has the business been going?

Claire’s Sweet Temptations started as many small businesses do – almost by accident. Making cakes for friends and family led to a local diner asking me to make cakes for them, and a diner customer then asked if I did wedding cakes. I said yes, and the business started from there.

Buttercream wedding cake with purple macarons, made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

Have you always wanted to make cakes for a living?

No. I left school and trained in horticulture, and I then decided to do a degree in English Literature (as you do.) But I’ve always been artistic, and I always wanted a job that allowed for creativity.

Teal, white and gold wedding cake by Claire's Sweet Temptations

Who works at Claire’s Sweet Temptations? Do you have a team?

Basically it’s just me, although my husband is head of deliveries; he is a lot less stressed about transporting cakes than me.

What part of the UK do you cover?

Anywhere really. Although I’m based in north Cornwall, I have delivered to Norfolk before, and often go to London.

Wedding cake with flowers made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

What types of cake do you make?

I make mostly wedding cakes, but I will do other occasions if wedding bookings allow.

Do you have a favourite wedding cake that you have made?

That’s always changing, but I love cakes with sugar flowers. I think they appeal to my horticultural past.

Black wedding cake with gold detail and white flowers, made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

 

 

What sets Claire’s Sweet Temptations apart from other wedding cake makers?

My attention to detail and to making everything bespoke. No two wedding cakes are ever the same, with each cake designed for and with each client.

What’s the best thing about your job?

I love making cakey dreams come true. It’s such a privilege to be part of such a special day.

Wedding cake with pink flowers and flamingo topper, made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

Random question… If you could make a wedding cake for anyone who would it be and why?

I’ve never really thought about it, but I’m guessing right now it would be Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s wedding cake. My design reached the final of the Ideal Home Show’s Royal Wedding Cake competition, and I was then in the top five, which I was thrilled about.

Roydal wedding cake made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

What’s your favourite cake to eat?

Chocolate!

Describe Claire’s Sweet Temptations in three words.

Unique, passionate, creative.

Flower on wedding cake made by Claire's Sweet Temptations

Where can I find out more about Claire’s Sweet Temptations?

The post Getting to Know – Claire’s Sweet Temptations appeared first on The Wedding Community Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment