Monday, October 30, 2017

Getting to Know – Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events

This post Getting to Know – Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events first appeared on The Wedding Community Blog

Hayley Bunting, Wedding Planner for Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events

Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events Logo

Company Name: Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events

Interview with: Hayley Bunting

Location / Coverage: Essex, London, Kent and Hertfordshire

What does Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events do?

Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events works alongside clients to help them plan their wedding or special occasion.

Hayley Bunting of Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events at Work

Have you always had an interest in weddings and wanted to be a wedding planner?

I have always loved weddings, but I hadn’t considered becoming a wedding planner until I began planning my own wedding nine years ago.

How did Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events start and how long has the business been going?

My wedding planning journey began when I trained with the UKAWP. Shortly after completing my training I carried out work shadowing placements with various wedding planners and wedding venues across Essex. I then went on to launch Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events in 2016

Winter wedding tablescape styled by Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events

What services can Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events offer to couples planning their wedding?

Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events offers a full wedding planning service, partial planning service, on the day co-ordination and management, supplier sourcing, venue search and wedding administration and consultancy service. However, I do try to be as flexible as possible when offering packages to my couples. I completely understand that each couple I work with are unique and come to me with different requirements. So, I often create bespoke packages for couples to ensure they receive the exact amount of support that they need.

Bride with winter flower crown and bouquet

What wedding planning packages do you offer?

Full Planning Service

  • A complimentary consultation
  • Venue search
  • Supplier sourcing and management
  • Budget creation and management
  • Create a wedding planning timeline
  • RSVP and dietary requirement co-ordination
  • Wedding day schedule creation
  • On the day co-ordination and management

Partial Planning

  • Detailed consultation
  • Review and complement existing wedding schedule
  • Management of all outstanding wedding administration tasks
  • Meet with venue
  • Create a wedding day schedule
  • On the day co-ordination and management

Wedding Day Co-Ordination and Management

  • Consultation at venue two-three weeks before the wedding
  • Introduce myself to all suppliers
  • Create a wedding day schedule
  • On the day co-ordination and management

Wedding Administration and Management

An example of the services I offer…

  • Track suppliers payment schedule and advise accordingly
  • Manage RSVPs and guests’ dietary requirements
  • Arrange meetings with suppliers
  • Book guests’ accommodation and travel arrangements
  • Arrange fittings for wedding party
  • Source props
  • Consultancy
  • Venue search
  • Supplier search

Pastel wedding tablescape styled by Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events

Why should a couple choose to use Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events to help them plan their big day?

Each of my clients’ weddings is as special to me as it is to them. My absolute priority each couple I work with is to deliver the wedding that they have always dreamed of. I will always go the extra mile to ensure that this happens.

Which part of helping to plan a wedding do you enjoy the most and why?

I love co-ordinating the day itself. Watching a couple on their wedding day is fantastic, and knowing I have helped them to create their special day is just the best feeling.

Gold drip wedding cake

Do you have a specific style of wedding you like to help create?

One of the reasons that I love being a wedding planner is because of the variety of weddings that I am lucky enough to assist with. However, if I had to choose a specific style I would probably choose an elegant, classic wedding.

What are the best and worst things about being a wedding planner?

I know this sounds boring, but I can honestly say I love every part of being a wedding planner (even the long and unsociable hours). It’s my dream job.

Bride with winter flower crown and bouquet

What is your most memorable experience of planning one of your clients’ weddings?

The first wedding I co-ordinated is a memory that will stay with me forever.

What’s your top tip for planning the perfect wedding?

Be organised.

What do you feel the top wedding trends for 2018 will be?

Foliage has been so popular this year, and I’m certain this trend will continue into 2018. I have also seen a rise in couples wishing to introduce texture and colour to their tablescapes, via coloured glassware, silk runners and coloured linen. I also believe that blue will be a popular colour palette for brides in 2018. Finally, after Vera Wang and Marchesa introduced black accents into their spring 2018 collections, I am waiting to see if there are any brides brave enough to incorporate black into their wedding gown.

Hayley Bunting of Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events Working at Wedding

Random question… What’s your guilty pleasure?

Gogglebox.

What’s your typical day like?

I normally start each day by checking and responding to emails. Then I try and dedicate a few hours to administration, which can be anything from researching suppliers for clients who are in the early stages of planning their wedding, confirming final details with clients who’s wedding is fast approaching, or working on my latest blog feature.

I could then have a venue visit, first consultation with a new client, or a final meeting with a bride and groom. Then I return to the office to respond to any emails I have received throughout the day.

Where can people find out more about Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events?

This post Getting to Know – Hayley Jayne Weddings and Events first appeared on The Wedding Community Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment