Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Getting to Know – Tina Smyth Wedding Design

This post Getting to Know – Tina Smyth Wedding Design first appeared on The Wedding Community Blog

Tina Smyth Wedding Design Logo

Interview with: Tina Smyth

Company Name: Tina Smyth Wedding Design

Website: www.tsweddingdesign.com

Location / Coverage: London and the Home Counties

What does Tina Smyth Wedding Design do?

At Tina Smyth Wedding Design we are known for our personal, bespoke approach to our wedding planning service. With a long standing background in the hospitality industry, it was always important to me that my couples feel looked after, both during the planning process and the wedding day itself, and this describes best how we work. We do everything for our couple. Our services and the planning process are entirely tailored to our couples and their lifestyle/schedule, and we purposely limit the number of weddings we look after each year so we can continue offer the personal service we have become known for.

Wedding styling by Tina Smyth Wedding Design

Have you always been interested in weddings and wanted to be a wedding planner?

Yes, always. I started my working career a rather long time ago in hospitality and I could not imagine doing anything else! I love what I do.

How did Tina Smyth Wedding Design come about and how long has the business been going?

I have been in the event and wedding industry now for over 11 years, both here in the UK and in Germany, and starting my very own planning service was ultimately always my dream. I eventually braved it and launched Tina Smyth Wedding Design, encouraged by adamant former clients and industry colleagues. I have not looked back since and Tina Smyth Wedding Design continues to look after weddings and other celebrations with great pride and joy.

Wedding table flowers planned by Tina Smyth Wedding Design

Which areas of the UK do you cover? Do you offer your services outside of the UK?

I mainly operate in London and the Home Counties, but would venture further afield if required.

What services can Tina Smyth Wedding Design offer to couples planning their wedding?

As each and every wedding is unique, a tailored proposal will be prepared outlining our services after the initial complimentary consultation. To give you a brief overview of our services, I have summarised these below:

The service we have been best known for is our full planning service i.e. supporting our couple every step of the way of the wedding journey – from the venue search, contract negotiating with selected suppliers, general wedding etiquette and being by your side on the day itself – we do it all.

We also offer a partial planning service which is perfect for couples who have arranged the majority of the day themselves and just want us to oversee final arrangements to make sure nothing has been overlooked. For this service we are also there with our couple on the day. You’d be surprised how many things come up in the last weeks before the big day!

And lastly, our consultation service is where our little black book that is bursting with contacts of the best suppliers in town comes in – we help you find the right team of suppliers for your day.

Wedding ceremony seating

Why should a couple choose to use Tina Smyth Wedding Design to help them plan their big day?

I feel the best way to learn more about me and how I work is by hearing what my previous brides and grooms say about me.

The testimonial below by Kareen and Peter describes how I work best:

“Tina not only did her job outstandingly well but she also put her heart in it, and that made the whole difference.”

Have you taken part in any wedding planner training or courses?

Over the 11 years that I have been in the industry I have attended several industry related courses and projects.

Wedding floral arrangements planned by Tina Smyth Wedding Design

Which part of helping to plan a wedding do you enjoy the most and why?

On the day itself it is the moment when the couple kick off their shoes and dance the night away! Leading up the day, I love seeing it all come together – the table sample viewing, adding little bespoke surprises for my couple, hosting the menu tasting etc. It is hard to choose just one moment!

Do you have a specific style of wedding that you like to help create?

No, I work with the couple’s preferences and together we’ll create a look and style for the day. I do have a weakness for beautiful stationery and flowers though…

Wedding styling by Tina Smyth Wedding Design

What are the best and worst things about being a wedding planner?

Seeing a happy bride and groom at the end of a long day genuinely still makes my day, and that’s what I thrive for. Worst things – I cannot really name anything there. I have been rather lucky so far.

What is your most memorable experience of planning one of your clients’ weddings?

Summer 2015 seemed to have brought back a strong interest for fireworks and pyrotechnic displays. I loved how at one particular summer wedding on the grounds of one of the Royal Palaces, the cake cutting took place late in the evening outside, and guests were surprised with a pyrotechnics display that was synchronized to Frank Sinatra’s ‘Fly Me to the Moon’ as the couple cut into their cake… the guests were completely blown away as it was a surprise and we managed to keep it that until the very moment. It was rather magical.

Bride and groom watching fireworks

What’s your top tip for having the perfect wedding?

On the day itself, there will be so many of your family and friends wanting to congratulate you and there will be generally a lot going on. Try and take five minutes with your new husband/wife and just take it all in.

What do you think the top wedding trends will be for 2016?

I think we will see a lot more personalised weddings. Brides are setting trends by simply incorporating more of their own personal style and lifestyle into their big day. From the gown that does not need to be white/ivory anymore, but instead can be a beautifully bold floral pattern, to the colour palette for the look of the day itself. I am also seeing a lot of US inspired props coming on the market – a lot of blush/copper but also rather contemporary statement colour combinations such as black and white. 2016 is the year to be creative and to be brave!

Gold glitter wedding place setting styled by Tina Smyth Wedding Design

Random question… If you could organise anyone’s wedding, who would it be and why?

I love a real ‘foodie’ couple. I adore nothing more than getting into the menu design, unusual Canape presentations etc that will leave your guests wowed and talking about the day for a long time to come!

Where can I find out more about Tina Smyth Wedding Design?

Do come by www.tsweddingdesign.com to have a look at our latest work and for an idea of our services, or contact me directly on tina@tsweddingdesign.com or 0208/5492482. I would love to hear from you!

Visit the Tina Smyth Wedding Design supplier page on The Wedding Community

This post Getting to Know – Tina Smyth Wedding Design first appeared on The Wedding Community Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment