Monday, October 15, 2018

Elegant, Relaxed Wedding Styling at Mt. Lowe Brewery

A wedding in a brewery… now that’s my kind of wedding! When Cindy of Ink and Rose Events sent me the pictures of this awesome wedding inspiration I fell in love with styling. The backdrop of Mt. Lowe Brewery in California is so cool, with an abundance of tin cladding, rows upon rows of Edison lights, central bar area and large rustic tables and stools.

The table styling looks amazing. Simple tin chargers are laid with a white napkin with gold napkin holder and a personalised title place name. For the table flowers, rustic wooden table caddies filled with dainty florals and ferns give an almost woodland look.

The standout feature of this wedding inspiration though is the astonishing square ombre wedding cake. It looks amazing and complements the surroundings wonderfully, and where else would you display a wedding cake in a brewery than on top of a barrel?

Bride and groom drinking beer in Mt. Lowe Brewery

This whole styling concept is elegant and relaxed, including the bride and groom. The bride looks super chic in her sparkling wedding dress teamed with a pair of glitzy Jimmy Choos, and the groom looks fab in his light grey suit, white shirt and pale blue bow tie, which coordinates beautifully with the blue flowers in the bride’s incredible bouquet.

So grab a cuppa (or a beer) and enjoy these wedding styling ideas captured by Meghan Wiesman Photography. Cheers!

Industrial Feel

“Mt. Lowe Brewery is a place my husband and I frequent regularly since A: we love beer, and B: it’s 10 minutes away from our home. It’s a fun environment with tons of games, we can bring our pups, and every night you can find a different type of food truck. You’ll find taco trucks, barbecue, and even Hot Dog on a Stick on certain nights. They also host bingo, trivia nights, paint nights and yoga. Such a fun place!

“We were sitting there one day having a beer and I was imaging a wedding there. I pictured an elegant yet very relaxed wedding with lots of beautiful greens, ivories and gold, low lighting and candlelight. Inspired by the industrial feel that the beer vats were giving I could picture a tad of vintage in there as well. At first I was thinking boho, but no way; this place needed a touch of elegance with it’s fun environment.

“I always have weddings on the brain (can you tell?), so I asked the bartender about it and he told me they have never hosted a wedding. From there, I contact the HR and events manager and we immediately clicked and collaborated. They had been been talking about meeting with a planner to host something and I went and knocked on their door. They want to get into hosting weddings and I was their opportunity for a photo shoot.”

bar

Jimmy Choo silver wedding shoes on beer barrel

Floral wedding table centrepiece in wooden planter

Wedding place setting with tile place name

Glass of beer on wedding table

Wooden planter of wedding flowers in centre of table

Beer Mugs, Tiles and a Vintage Table Runner

“I contacted Meghan Weisman, a photographer I had worked with before, and she came on board. I then contacted a handful of rental companies but not one had everything I wanted, which was very specific – gold flatware, galvanized chargers and beer mugs. Not one rental company had everything I needed so I went and bought everything myself. I had my vision and wasn’t about to settle.

“The tiles were a token of a table my husband found on the street. We took the tiles and repurposed them in our home and I had some leftover. That was to be my pop of colour for the table, and my friend, Gina, put the names on them on the day of the shoot. The table runner, vintage with its unique design, was a flea market find. My husband and I go to Pasadena Flea Market on the first Sunday of every month.”

Small wedding table number

Wedding place setting with tile place name on plate

Table runner down middle of wedding table

Beer glasses on wedding table

Stationery for brewery wedding in beer bucket

Brewery wedding stationery

Free beer wedding save the date

Square Ombre Cake

“As for choosing my vendors, I was very specific. I knew I wanted a videographer to film some fun behind the scenes footage, and a musician who wrote and composed his own music so we would not have licensing issues for the video. Also, who doesn’t want someone playing music at a brewery/wedding? He’s pretty awesome, by the way!

“When it came to the florals, I gave Margit Holakoui my vision and she rolled with it. The cake was the tough part. I wanted a square cake to offset the round wine barrel, with a light brown kind of ombre pattern. I found my baker on the 5th try. No one could give me my square cake for some reason, but Fantasy Frostings nailed it, and Margit finished it off with fresh flowers.

“I know signage is huge at weddings right now and I wanted one at the shoot. So, I found a calligrapher to make us one with the vendors listed on it, and she also created the cake topper.

Guitarist playting at brewery wedding

Acoustic guitarist

Square three tier brown ombre wedding cake

Cheers wedding cake topper

Fresh flowers on brown ombre wedding cake

Wedding cake on barrel in front of vendor sign

Beer and flowers on top of barrel

Aerial shot of glasses of beer on top of barrel

Mt. Lowe Brewery

Bride and groom by bar in Mt. Lowe Brewery

Bride and groom kissing by bar in Mt. Lowe Brewery

“Meghan wanted to add a second location to our shoot so we chose old town Monrovia. It’s five minutes away and such a cute city. The dress shop I borrowed the dress from is also located there so we took pictures in front of her shop; the owner was thrilled!”

Bride and groom kissing in front of Mt. Lowe Brewing Co. sign

White and blue wedding bouquet flowers

Bride

Bride and groom kissing

Bride and groom standing against wall

Bride and groom touching heads leaning against wall

Bride and groom standing in front of wing graffiti artwork on wall

Bride and groom in front of Saint-Clark Bridal Suite

Bride holding bouquet

Bride with updo wearing hairpiece

Detail on back of bride's wedding dress

Bride and groom touching heads on streets of Old Town Monrovia

Bride and groom walking through streets of Old Town Monrovia

Creative Team

Photography: Meghan Wiesman Photography

Planner/Coordinator and Designer: Ink and Rose Events

Shoot Location: Mt. Lowe Brewery and Old Town Monrovia, California, USA

Videography: JZsqaured Media

Wedding Dress: Saint-Clarke Bridal Suite

Suit: Friar Tux

Hair and Make-Up: Glam by Sam

Wedding Cake: Fantasy Frostings

Flowers: Margit Holakoui Florist

Sign and Cake Topper: Toby Rose Designs

Stationery: Gina Horn Designs

Musician: Mikael Pederson

The post Elegant, Relaxed Wedding Styling at Mt. Lowe Brewery appeared first on The Wedding Community Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment